Easy Optimization SEO Basics Tips for Entrepreneurs
By Richard Larson November 16, 2018
Every entrepreneur knows that one of the key to growth is to make your business known to those who need its products and services. Well, here is great news! Research indicates that more than 90% of potential buyers consult the Internet. In other words, many people are looking for you on the Internet.
But how do you find them?There are two ways: either you buy Internet traffic by paying online ads or not. If you are among those who prefer free, that is to say everyone, this article concerns you.
What is SEO?This term refers to the techniques you can use to improve the ranking of your website among the results presented by search engines like Google. If you want to attract more free Internet traffic, this is an option to consider and exploit well. Examined in detail, SEO can be complicated, but it is relatively easy to understand the basics and implement it on your site. In most cases, it will be enough to apply the basics to stay ahead of the competition.
An easy recipeHere’s how to proceed. First, study your website and structure it so that each page deals with a single subject. This is useful because search engines aim to present readers with the information they are looking for, the first time, every time. To achieve this, they must understand the content of your web pages.
Facilitate the task to search enginesBy articulating each page of your website around a single theme, you will greatly facilitate the classification by search engines and its presentation among the relevant results of a search. Then choose keywords that will optimize each page. Think of the terms that people are most likely to use to find the information on the page.
- Write down 5 to 10 relevant keywords for the page.
- Visit the Google AdWords site . If you do not already have one, create a Google Account. It’s free.
- On Google AdWords, open the Tools menu and select Keyword Planner .
- Select Search for new keyword and ad group ideas. A page is displayed where you can enter the keywords you have rated, as well as the address of the page to optimize and your category of products or services.
- Once you have entered the information, click on the Get Ideas button .
- Just under the Search Trends graph , you’ll see two tabs: Ad Group Ideas and Keyword Ideas . Click the Keyword Ideas tab . A little complicated to reach, but it’s the magic page.
- Here you can enter your search terms (the keywords you have rated) and find out the average number of monthly searches for each one. You now know if people are actually looking for the keywords you’ve been thinking about and how often. Make sure that the keywords that will be used to optimize your page are among the most searched, while being closely related to the theme of your page.
- Under the search terms, Google presents keyword suggestions and their own average number of monthly searches. Locate the relevant keywords with average monthly searches.
- Now, make your final list of five relevant keywords with the highest average number of monthly searches. They will be used to optimize your web page. It will probably be a combination of some of your own ideas and suggestions from Google.
|Name of the page||Element||Details|
|Home||Keywords||SEO Online Marketing SEO Tips Optimization Training on SEO|
|Title of the page||SEO Tips for Small Business|
|Description of the page||How to easily improve the ranking of your website in the search engine results with SEO.|
|Headers (H1, H2, etc.)||Examples: H1 = What Is SEO H2 = improve website ranking|
|ALT tags for images||SEO structure, free optimization tool|